For something a little different from your regular tomato paste, I’ve included a green sauce recipe, which is a tasty way to get your daily greens – and use up garden herbs. I’ve also provided a vegan alternative for cheese sauce. How can one have a pizza with no cheese you ask? This simple and tasty faux cheese sauce is made from cashew nuts and nutritional yeast. Yum!
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds mixed with 3 Tablespoons water)
- 2 cups New Hemisphere Hemp Seed Flour
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 3 Tablespoons New Hemisphere Hemp Seed Oil
- 8 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs (optional)
Green Pizza Sauce
- 6 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 Tablespoons New Hemisphere Hemp Seed Oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon water
- Salt (optional)
- ½ orange kumara, pre-cooked
- ½ red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 button mushrooms
- 1 spring onion
- 2 Tablespoons Lotus Savory Yeast Flakes
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ¼ cup SkyBright Apple Cider Vinegar
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Chop orange kumara into small cubes and roast until just tender. Set aside. Turn oven temperature up to 200 degrees.
- To make the pizza base start by combining the flaxseeds and water to make the flax egg. Set aside to let thicken.
- Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl combine hemp flour, guar gum, salt, pepper garlic powder and Italian herbs if using. Make a small well in the centre and add hemp seed oil and prepared flax egg. Stir the mixture with a rubber spatula until well combined and the mixture resembles a dough.